II. Collection of Data
As a rule, you may visit the mediapeers website without providing personal data.
Once you decide to use the mediapeers exchange and register, you provide us with personal data, including your name, job title, e-mail address, physical contact information, bank account numbers, and other information that may be requested by mediapeers.
To the extent that you use the mediapeers exchange, mediapeers needs to gather data about your actions on the platform. Such information is required in order to assess whether a consideration is due, for calculating the consideration and for billing purposes.
In addition, your computer automatically sends information such as the IP address, browser version and access time to mediapeers. This information is stored, partly in an anonymous form, and helps us to better understand the needs of the buyers and sellers. Furthermore, this information is used to enforce our contractual rights and prevent fraud.
III. Use of Personal Data
mediapeers uses personal data to allow you to safely and effectively use the mediapeers exchange. The use of your personal information allows you to
- conclude contracts with your contract partner, to receive the contact details of your contract partner and to provide your contract partner with your contact details;
- obtain information about your past activities on the mediapeers exchange, and to receive interesting offers on our platform;
- enforce the contractual obligations of mediapeers and all participants; in the event that a registered Buyer or Seller abuses the mediapeers exchange, we use the personal information to protect the Users from further harm and provide them to third persons only as described in section IV;
- balance accounts for billing purposes.
We additionally use your personal data to provide you with information requested by you.
IV. Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
Under certain circumstances, mediapeers is legally obligated to forward your personal data to third parties.
Upon request and to the degree mediapeers is legally obligated to do so, personal data will be forwarded to law enforcement agencies. Also, if mediapeers has well founded and documented indications for the abuse of the mediapeers exchange or for breaches of duties, personal data will be forwarded to aggrieved parties or for the general enforcement of claims. This also applies after the user agreement has been terminated.
Only subject to your explicit consent mediapeers may furthermore forward your personal data to other third parties.
V. Transfer of Personal Data to Participants of the mediapeers exchange
- any mediapeers exchange related communication necessary with other participants excluding any unsolicited advertising;
- subject to section IV for making complaints in the event of fraud;
- purposes to which the other participant has expressly consented.
You may not use an e-mail address communicated to you via the mediapeers exchange to send unsolicited e-mails (SPAM).
You may adjust the settings of your browser in such a way that your browser informs you before accepting a cookie or rejects the acceptance of cookies. Please note, however, that the use of the mediapeers exchange may be negatively affected upon the rejection of cookies. Some functions require the acceptance of cookies.
VII. Deletion of Personal Data
Personal data is deleted upon the expiration of the legal, contractual or statutory record retention periods. Data not covered by these rules will be deleted as soon as it is no longer needed for the purposes set forth above.
VIII. Transmission of Data Outside the EU
IX. Request of information
At any time you have the right to request from mediapeers information as to your personal data stored by mediapeers, their origin, recipients and categories of recipients and the purpose of storage.
X. Cancellation of the consent
© mediapeers GmbH 2008